Sunday, July 22, 2012

DAMN YO-YOS!

Much like Ms. Krabappel I hate yo yos. For her they were just getting on her nerves, for me they're having an effect on my health. For her we're talking about the toy for me? My weight.

I stepped on the scale this morning to find that I'm now 177 lbs. I've gained 7 lbs in 6 days and I have nobody to blame except myself. I'll admit I haven't been eating as well a I should have.

This is my problem... I have to get past that voice that tells me "You're at a healthy weight, eat whatever you want!"

I have a feeling that voice is still that obese version of me. I've been overweight for the majority of my adult life... I don't want to go back so I need to find a way to get that inner demon to shut up and let me be healthy. I find it refreshing that I'm actually acknowledging this tiny bit of weight gain as a problem. It's a problem because it's happened before. I'll lose a whole lot of weight, only to become lax and as a result gain weight. In the past I had this mentality that it was "only 10 lbs" then that would turn into "only 15 lbs" and so on. I told myself when I began this weight loss journey that I would have an alarm weight... that number was and is 175.

Today is Sunday... the beginning of a new week. It's going to take longer than 6 days to lose that 7 lbs but I'm determined to get back on track. I feel good about this, this could be a turning point for my weight loss journey, a period where I can finally say I cut the string on that damn yo yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment