Friday, July 20, 2012

Is it Tuesday yet?

It's easy to become dependent upon gadgets and gizmos. Look at how screwed up we get when the internet goes down! It really is kind of silly, isn't it?

As a runner I'm fully aware of my gadget dependance. Over the last 4 months I've been using my phone to track my runs using an app called Endomondo. The app is awesome, it does it's job. My main problem has been not being able to see my current pace whenever I want. If I want to see what I'm doing I have to unzip my phone from my bicep (not my actual muscle but the case wrapped around it!) and physically take it out without dropping it. I have dropped it a few times and not only did I have to stop and mess up any sort of pace I was keeping, but I would simultaneously have a mini heart attack since those damn smart phones are so expensive!

I have found my solution, I purchased a refurbished Garmin 305 with HRM. If I could have afforded it I would have gone with the 310XT but this will have to do.

So here I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. Is it Christmas yet? Except in my case it's Tuesday... I think. Tuesday is the "Estimated" day of arrival.

Once I get this I'm hoping this little toy will help me to vastly improve my pace. Being able to see my pace drop immediately instead of being told by the endomondo voice at the 1k mark.

I've been reading the reviews and am pretty sure I'll be happy with this purchase. Considering it's a refurbished one, I'm hoping it'll last at least 2 years. *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment